Thursday, May 17, 2012

'I CAN ' PHILOSOPHY



I once read a story that got my attention. A certain teacher asked her young  students the question, “How many people here CAN’T do some things?”   All the students raised their hands. “Ok, take down a piece of paper and write down everything you CAN’T do.” The students were fascinated by the possibility and started doing it. So they did it. They wrote down everything. Then she got a coffin like box, got all their pieces of paper and put them in the box. She now told them to  come outside the field by the school, paid the janitor to dig a small hole, and got the chapel priest to come and final prayers as they all buried ‘I CAN’T’. When the box containing all their  ‘I CAN’Ts’ had been buried, the teacher said, “Well, I CAN’T has been buried forever. Never say you can’t again. It has been buried. From this day on say, “I CAN”.
That simple action had a remarkable effect on the student’s lives. 90 percent of those students became  millionaires.
 It is time we conducted the burial ceremony of ‘I CAN’T’. We want to lay it to rest once and for all. Never will I CAN’T  prevent you from achieving your dreams. Never again. To do this, you must always say, ‘I CAN’. You see, I CAN is a very powerful word. I CAN is the father of I AM. Until you believe you cannot become. Your  beginning does not determine you becoming; it is your believing. I CAN is saying ‘Yes! Yes!’  in a ‘No! No!’ world.
Who has told you that YOU CAN’T? Prove the person wrong. No one has the power to determine your future unless you allow them. When you say I CAN, Life responds to you. Life borrows energy. This idea is success power, success energy. I CAN puts you in the sides of the angels.
Every accomplishment began with I CAN then proceeded to I WILL. I CAN is a decision , I WILL is a determination . I CAN is being interested; I WILL is being committed. I CAN is optional; I WILL is intentional. I CAN is the first level but I WILL is the second level.
Delete I CAN’T from your vocabulary totally. Never say , ‘I CAN’T’ rather say, ‘I WILL TRY’. Never assume failure until you try. At least try. It is better to try and fail than to fail to try. Winners attempt; losers hesitate. Until you venture you cannot experience adventure. The higher the risk, the higher the returns. Until you take chances you cannot make advances. I CAN gives you the opportunity to succeed. Don’t forget this: You never know how much you can accomplish until you try. If you attempted all you could do you will be surprised at the success you may achieve. You also never know how much you cannot accomplish until you try.
I CAN is an attitude of a learner. Because he learns, he earns. Because he wants know, he grows. Because he wants to read, he leads. I CAN does everything positive to succeed. He reads hundreds of books, attends numerous seminars, listens to many tapes, watches  motivational videos. Because he believes he can,  he goes for knowledge. He realizes that it what he knows that gives him an edge.
I CAN is the philosophy of a positive, optimistic, persistent person. He doesn’t let go until he goes up because he believes he can. ‘Can you make a million Naira?”, the I CAN man says, ‘I CAN’



No comments:

Post a Comment