Saturday, May 12, 2012

SPEECH CRAFT

Text SPEAKER to 08187133153 for seat reservation.

 Anybody can talk, everybody talks, Leaders don't talk ,they 'speak'. What, therefore, is the difference between 'talking' and 'speaking'. To 'Speak' is to 'to talk with a relevant message'. Talk is cheap; speakers are rare.Leaders are speakers.The orator is king.


Daniel Webster once said, "If all the talents and power were to be taken from me by some inscrutable providence and I had my choice of keeping one, I would ask to be allowed to keep the power of speaking.For through it, I would quickly recover the rest".
Learn to speak, not just talk.Speaking is ranked number 2 among the 7 most important skills in life.
What you should never forget is that in politics, the play of words is the game.In business, your ability to use interest soaked words to inspire the keen interest of a possible customer is an asset.Words have been used to coin poetry, to declare immortal statements; they have been used as epitaphs, used to transfer traditions.Words have made superstitions, given taboos their strength and used to worship deities.
Master speech craft.It surprises people when i tell them that i rehearse before a mirror before i am on stage on in front of the camera. I research my topic and my audience.I time my punch lines, stories ,quotes and points.I even visualize myself giving a very good speech.For a one hour presentation, hundreds of hours and research go into it...that is why I CAN NEVER BORE ANYONE in presentation.There is so much to tell and share and give.

2 comments:

  1. Nice insight George. Speaking to the mirror, it sounds funny. people living with you will think you have gone mad, ironically, it works. Thumps up. U are doing a very good job and you already have a follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its ispirational indeed,thumbs up man,wht an envious orientation.

    ReplyDelete